Aim of the association :
France Parkinson 41, in close association with other departmental groups in Region Centre of France, represents in Loir et Cher the national Organization, France PARKINSON, created in 1984 by Professor AGID, with the following objectives:
• Providing support on a day-to-day basis to those who suffer from Parkinson’s Disease, by reforcing the link between them and their various care-givers ( both medical and social), by helping them to understand the nature of the illness so as to lead a more comfortable life, and by offering means of escape from their isolation.
• Encouraging medical research for new treatments of illness.
The national organization, with an active membership of 10.000, fuses its activity on 4 major objectives :
1. Support personal contact and assistance to the patient and their care-givers
a. We maintain a 24-hour telephone service and offer opportunities for personal contact at both national and departmental levels.
b. We promote activities that bring us face-to-face with sufferers from the illness
c. We work towards facilitating the reimbursements for the medical and social expenses brought about by the illness, and we organize training courses for domestic and retirement home care-givers as well as physical therapists, emphasizing the particularities of Parkinson’s Disease
2. Information concerning the illness and its treatment and available assistance
a. In order to improve the daily life of sufferers, we distribute medical and social information and provide help in dealing with practical problems posed by the illness
b. France Parkinson publishes a quarterly review – l’Echo, devoted to the various aspects of the illness
c. We organize meetings with health officials who present the latest developments in research and accessible treatment and propose solutions for specific handicaps.
d. We offer for sale a variety of books
e. We maintain an internet site : www.franceparkinson.fr
f. We respond to the e-mails addressed to us : firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Promoting awareness of the illness among the general population and public authorities
a. The « Journée Mondiale » of Parkinson’s Disease is observed every year in April. Public Authorities and the media are urged to publicize the true nature of the illness.
b. Throughout the year, France Parkinson is engaged in facilitating the reimbursement of charges incurred by the illness.
4. Supporting Research
The financial resources of France Parkinson come from membership dues, subscriptions to l’Echo and individual gifts and legists as well as from grants made by corporate sponsors.
Gifts usage :
Use of gifts : our Committee, which has formed close ties with sufferers from Parkinson’s Disease and their families, finances the organization of informative and recreational events, in order to bring the victims of the illness out of their isolation and provide responses to their expectations